St Anthony’s Place
A laneway leading from Temple Street into Nerney’s Court, this was unnamed until 1903, when the Children’s Hospital requested that it be named St Anthony’s Place.
The hospital had established a ‘night school for girls, which is known as St Anthony’s Technical Night School’ on the laneway, and felt that the location needed a suitable name.1
The Corporation approved the proposal in January 1903.2
