|

Byrne’s Lane (Clontarf)

This lane ran west from the Clontarf Road, more-or-less in line with the driveway into the Danesfort apartments. The area was subject to a compulsory purchase order, granted in 1948, and implemented in 1950.1

Byrne’s Lane as shown on the OS 6″, revised 1907–1908.

The land and buildings were owned by the Vernon Estate, with most leased to a Dermot McMorrough. McMorrough himself occupied a plot of land with a shed, to the rear of 266 and 367 Clontarf Road, but only one other occupier is listed, that being Joseph Gallagher who occupied a plot of land. All the remaining plots and buildings were unoccupied. This may explain why the CPO was made.

  1. Minutes 1950/136.

Similar Posts